Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default error using this simple formula

Dave Peterson says it should work (worked for him) - I'd trust him on that!
<g I didn't try it as a named formula.

"JLatham" wrote:

I don't think Excel is liking the way you're using OFFSET(). Try typing that
formula into a cell and you'll get a #Value error. I think, especially in
the case of an OFFSET() that is returning more than a single cell, Excel is
expecting it to be part of another function as:
=SUM(OFFSET(importtotal!$A$1,0,1,COUNTA(importtota l!$A:$A),10))

That's about the best I can do at trying to explain it, maybe someone else
can give a better explanation.

"Calle" wrote:

Hi!
I get error when I try to define a name for a dynamic number of rows why? Is
something wrong with this formula?

=OFFSET(importtotal!$A$1,0,1,COUNTA(importtotal!$A :$A),10)