Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Ctrl-Space Column Selection No Longer Working

It sounds like you tried all the things I would try.

But maybe you missed one.

If you start excel in safe mode:
windows start button|Run
excel /safe

And then just test it there, does it work?

Maybe you missed an addin.

MPW wrote:

Recently, the Control+Space keyboard combination to select a column in
Excel (2003) stopped working. The Control and Space keys work fine on
their own and all other Control combinations work. Shift+Space for row
selection works also.

I'm not sure what I changed on my system to prompt this change, but
"Detect and Repair..." doesn't do anything, even if I have it reset all
my customization. I've tried removing all my Add-Ins, customized
toolbars, and Personal Macro Book to no avail. I have the EXACT same
configuration on my laptop and Ctrl+Space works fine on that machine.
I've been working with Excel for years and have never seen this
behavior.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson