Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Excel Date Format

Apologies, in the editing of the formulae some commas were dropped.
Should have read

="Name of Report "&TEXT(A1,mmmm")&" 1 - 15"
and
="Name of Report "&TEXT(A1,mmmm")&" 16 -
"&TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),"dd")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

My response was to Idan's comment.
If he is concerned about the dates changing with the use of the
volatile function Today(), he can substitute cell A1 in place of
Today() throughout Bob's formulae.

On Sheet 2 in cell 1 enter =Sheet1!A1
On sheet 1, each month when he creates a new report enter Control + ;
(that's control + semicolon) as this will hard fix the value of Toay
to the cell.

On sheet1
="Name of Report "&TEXT(A1mmmm")&" 1 - 15"
On sheet2
="Name of Report "&TEXT(A1mmmm")&" 16 -
"&TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),"dd")

So the only typing to be made each month is Ctrl + ;

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"romelsb" wrote in message
excuse me...You are right 2........see Idan's wish applying in his
real
world....

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

so I guess I'll just continue to type it every two weeks. Thanks
again.

Why?
Bob's two solutions, one for each sheet does exactly what you ask.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"ldan122000" wrote in message
Thanks for everyone's help, so I guess I'll just continue to type
it
every
two weeks. Thanks again.

"romelsb" wrote:

Excuse me Gary n Bob.....Try my suggestion....Idan is pertaining
to a
recorded Report within semi-monthly basis, one report in every
sheet....if he
save his workbook today and then reopen it after one year, u know
the
devastating result....try to be cautious on our helpful
suggestions
cause it
may contribute to users boredom in using excel again....Of
course -
Ida will
do his report a little later after the said period....Better type
it
as text,
sometimes its worthy and only way !!!

"ldan122000" wrote:

I would like to use a formula to display the following:

"Name of Report" October 1 - 15 as the date, then on the next
sheet,

"Name of Report" October 16 - 31

But also make adjustments when the months are shorter, such as
November 30.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.