Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Figuring time worked, and then separating it into regular time

Don,

Rather than calculate on a daily basis, is it okay just to run a weekly
total, for regular and overtime hours? That would be a lot simpler.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Don" wrote in message
Bob,

Since you seem to be the only one helping me, and by the looks of it
everyone else, thanks again. You were right about my formulas. And yours
worked almost perfectly when I first used them. 3 seconds later after
formatting the cells the way you told me to, it worked perfectly.

Problem is there is something I was not told to compensate for until

earlier
today. And don't ask me why they want this change, but they do. I will

try
and make this quick and simple to save on reading time.

What the time sheet does right now.
8 AM - 4:30 PM Half an hour lunch = 8 hours 0 overtime
8 AM - 5 PM Half an hour lunch = 8 hours and ½ overtime
8 AM - 4 PM Half an hour lunch = 7 ½ hours 0 overtime

What they are asking for.
8 AM - 4:30 PM Half an hour lunch = 8 hours 0 overtime
8 AM - 5 PM Half an hour lunch = 8 hours 0 overtime
8 AM - 4 PM Half an hour lunch = 8 hours 0 overtime

They want any overtime from one day to fill voids where they worked fewer
hours to make up for overtime. This could be the day after or at the end

of
the week when they make-up for the overtime. To add to this problem, this
has to work bi-weekly timesheet. So if someone does work over 40 hours

one
week, overtime will not spill into the next weeks empty spots. Incase the
person is on vacation or sick. So on a timesheet with 14 spots for hours
worked, the top 7 can not interfere with the bottom 7, but still auto-sum

at
the end.

BTW: Sorry I keep throwing things out there bit by bit, but these people
can't seem to finish a thought.