Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Default data entry right to left

Debe,

Did you install the font? Go to Control Panel - Fonts - File - Install new
Font and install your Hebrew Font. I do believe that MS will recognize your
font for all the Office applications. Try it and select the font from Excel
by clicking the Font dropdown arrow. But remember your font name will be
shown in your Hebrew character.

One more thing Debe. Blood has only one colour.

With humble regards,

Jaleel

"debe" wrote:

Jaleel--
Thanks for responding. Your directions would work, if only Hebrew were one
of the listed languages. I have the font thanks to a software program, but
it may not be recognized by MS. Any thoughts on how I might proceed?
--debe

"Jaleel" wrote:

Hi Debe,

Right click the taskbar and select Toolbars €“ Language bar. Language bar
will appear on the taskbar. Now right click the Language bar and select
Settings. Text Services and Input Languages box will appear. Under Settings
tab click €œAdd€. From Input Language dropdown arrow, select Hebrew and click
OK. Now you can make a key setting like left Alt. Open your right to left
Excel file for typing Hebrew and start typing. With the key setting you have
made, you can switch between English / Hebrew. Try this.

Regards,

Jaleel

"debe" wrote:

I'm trying to enter Hebrew characters in a column right-to-left but, whatever
the read text right to left feature is, it does nothing to help me.