Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WRM WRM is offline

Default IF statements - use to insert/delete rows?

Good idea - actually, I need to insert rows, not delete (I've just posted my
specific issue in reply to Dave F's comments). I'd only insert a row when a
certain condition is met. I'm just trying to avoid scanning through about
800 rows and inserting a row as necessary. I may just have to bite the
bullet, though.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

If you want to avoid using VBA, then you could achieve this with a bit
of manual intervention. Suppose your IF formula returned "delete" in a
column of cells if the row needed to be deleted - you could apply a
filter to this column and select "delete". Then, by highlighting the
visible rows and choosing Edit | Delete Row you can get rid of them in
one operation.

Hope this helps.

Pete

WRM wrote:
I know how to use IF statements to have do calculations or insert text or
numbers based on whether the IF statement is true or not. Is it possible to
construct an IF statement that would physically change the spreadsheet? For
example, IF <something is true insert a row? Or do you have to get into VBA
to do things like that?