Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc
TomorrowsMan TomorrowsMan is offline

Default Match Offset by more than one value

Kostis,

Perhaps I can bother you one more time? I'm stumped on the last part
of what I'm trying to do.

Now that you have helped me successfully acquire the quartile, I am
trying to do one last lookup: I have my Year, Quartile, Percentage,
and Rating in a table as below. This is very simplified:

Year Quartile Percentage Rating
2006 4 2.5% 3.5
2006 2 3.0% 4
2005 1 2.0% 2
2005 1 2.0% 2.5
2004 2 2.0% 1
2004 1 2.5% 2
2003 3 2.5% 2
2003 2 3.0% 3

How would I go about returning the MAX Rating value based on the other
three criteria? I say 'MAX' because some combinations of Year,
Quartile, and Percentage may have more than one Rating value (the 2005
rows in the example above).

I tried this array formula, assuming the table above is in columns A-D,
and my lookup data is in J1 (Year) J2 (Quartile) and J3 (Percentage):

{=INDEX($D$1:$D$8,MATCH(0,($A$1:$A$8=J1)*($B$1:$B$ 8=J2)*($C$1:$C$8=J3)),1)}

I feel like I'm missing something, an offset perhaps, but I'm not sure
what....

Thanks again!