Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
José José is offline

Default Error in the argument type in french NO.SEMAINE help

Good morning Niek
Tks for your prompt reply. What is said below suits the Excel help :
=WEEKNUM(A1,2)

will return 2, as 2000-Jan-9 is the last day of the second week of 2000.
Since the 2 in the formula indicates that weeks begin on Monday, week 2 is
computed as Monday, 2000-Jan-3 through Sunday, 2000-Jan-9.

But it does not work for me. For getting a correct week number, I must use 1
instead of 2. For getting Week 42, I must write (french version)
=NO.SEMAINE(A1,1)

Tks again
José

"Niek Otten" wrote:

It depends on your definition of week number.

See

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm

--
Kind regards,