Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Bar chart question

Why don't people like to do their own calculations? Enter two rows for
calculations, using AVERAGE() and STDEV():

col 1 col 2 col3
_________________
4 12 18
5 15 31
6 13 19
_________________
5 13.33 22.67 [mean]
1 1.53 7.23 [s.d.]

Plot the mean values in the chart, then double click the resulting series,
select the Y Error Bars tab, select Custom at the bottom, click in the (+)
box and select the range containing the calculated SD, and do the same for
the (-) box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"bevpike" wrote in message
I have the following data:

col 1 col 2 col3
_________________
4 12 18
5 15 31
6 13 19

I would like to create a barchart that shows ONLY ONE bar for the mean of
the columns. I know I could create the data separately with only the mean
and
the bar chart will show up as I want it. BUT I would like to show a Y
error
bar showing standard deviation for each of the columns.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Attila