Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Show Overlap

You might be better off using two charts. I'm not sure how I'd visualize
this information.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Erika" wrote in message
Is this is the best layout if I also want to show customers that bought
both
book 1 and book 2 or bought both book 2 and book 3

"Cosmic" wrote:

Erika,

a quick way to do this would be to used the stacked column chart type.
This
will give you a single column containing the data for each individual
book
and the total.

"Erika" wrote:

I am having problems determining which chart would work best for what I
am
looking to show. I have 3 different books - I have a total of each
book sold
as well as a total number of books sold. I was to show the total and
then
what percent of the total each book had.
Example:
Total - 500
Book One - 150 sold
Book two - 150 sold
Book three - 200 sold

Any ideas how I can overlap the individual books totals with the grand
total?