Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kmorl kmorl is offline

Default User not being prompted to enter Password to modify Excel 2003

I have researched this a little and have found where other users say this has
happened when they have added the file to areas other than SharePoint. That
is why I thought I would post it here as well as the SharePoint site.

"Dave F" wrote:

Sounds like a sharepoint question. Post to that newsgroup.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"kmorl" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a password to modify setup. As soon as I add the
file to SharePoint, the modify to password is removed. This poses a security
issue.

Is this a known problem, any workarounds?