Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neil Neil is offline

Default ignore blank cells in function

I am using WEEKNUM to deliver the week of the year certain dates fall into,
with this i am using ISODD as each odd number will be marked as A in my
sheet and Even numbers as B to match different work teams. E.G 1 =A, 2=B,
3=A, 4=B etc.
But i want to format the whole page to do this so people can fill in the
details and it returns these details. but ISODD counts blank cells or 0 as a
false return so i have a sheet full of falses until the details are filled
in. I guess i am trying to ask how to not include the blank cells in the
function.
i have =ISODD(A1) then next cell =IF(A2=True,"1",IF(A2=FALSE,"2"))
any ideas anyone??