Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Counting Higher Highs

I realise that you probably were defining your "higher highs" differently,
so try replacing my formula below by
=IF(A2MAX(A$1:A1),B1+1,B1)

[In my formula below I'd been looking at your 2, 4, and 6 and seeing that
these were maxima, after which the value of the numbers reduced again, but I
guess that wasn't exactly what you were looking for.]
--
David Biddulph

"David Biddulph" wrote in message
If you've got your data in coulmn A, then a formula in column B, with B1
initialised to zero, and B2 showing =IF(A2<A1,B1+1,B1) [and copied down
from there] might do the trick?
--
David Biddulph

"rpee" wrote in message
Dear all,
I am trying to find a formula in excel that will allow me to count the
number of higher highs or new highs in a data series. eg.
1,2,1,4,1,3,6,3,
this series has three new highs ie numbers 2,4, and 6.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
--
rpee