Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Connie Connie is offline

Default Formulas Changed when User Downloaded Spreadsheet

Robert -

Thanks so much for your response. We have developed a "workaround";
however, it's not pretty, and the user must actually begin with a new
spreadsheet. Disabling the cut and paste features would be much
better. If you don't mind providing your code, I'd certainly love to
have it. Thanks again.

Connie

wrote:
Connie,

We've run into the same situations. We have taken to writing VBA
that disables the various cut options as well as the drag and drop
funtionality when they open the workbook. Trouble is that they have to
enable macros for that to happen. In our case it isn't a big deal
since they need the macros to get full functionality but may be an
issue with yours. I can certainly provide our code.
Anyone know if the next Excel version will have a way of addressing
this without VBA?

Robert