Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
njmcr njmcr is offline

Default Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

Thanks for the reply.. just a question tho.. what file do I save as x.bat?
the excel spreadsheet? Sorry... I need real 'for non technical person'
instructions

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Let's say the list of names is in column B in B1 thru B100. In column A
enter mkdir in cells A1 thru A100.

Save the file as a text file with the name:
x.bat
Then just double-click the resulting icon.
--
Gary's Student

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help