Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default type MI in cell, have Michigan show in adjacent cell

Shark

You could put it (or I suspect you want more than one state, so all) in your
autocorrect list. Could be a pain with OR for example though

Alternatively, if it IS all states, you could make a table on another sheet
(hidden if you like) and reference it with a VLOOKUP formula (States in
A1:A52 on sheet2 MN, Michigan, etc)

=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$52,2,FALSE)

Then typing any state in A1 will return the state name from the table

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"shark" wrote in message
How do I type MI in a cell and have Michigan appear in an adjacent cell?