Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

What did you use in your formula? i2 or $i$2 or i$2 or $i2

Make sure you didn't use $i$2 or i$2.

and you can select P2:P(whatever) and apply the conditional formatting all at
once. But still use the relative reference (i2).

Rosemary wrote:

Hello,

Can you copy conditional formatting down a column, and have it change the
cell references like it does with regular formulas?

Cell P2 changes formatting depending on the value of cell I2; Cell P3
changes formatting depending on the value of cell I3; etc.

I set up the conditional formatting in P2, and when I copy the formatting
down the column, the cell reference doesn't change from I2 to I3, I4, etc.
It stays I2.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson