Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rosemary Rosemary is offline

Default Function error

Great, thanks all. That worked. I have one error in my own logic, however.

I want the Balance Due cell (P2) to calculate if ANY ONE OR MORE of the
cells J2 through O2 have amounts entered in them. Right now, the way I wrote
the logic, it will only calculate of ALL cells (J2 thru O2) have amounts in
them.

Sorry ... how would I change the formula?

Thanks again,
Rosemary

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=IF(J2:O2="","",I2-SUM(J2:O2))

ctrlshiftenter (not just enter)

"Rosemary" wrote:

Hi,

What is wrong with my formula? Here is the formula I wrote. I placed it in
the function field:

=SUM(IF(J2:O2=""),"",I2-(J2:O2))

Here is what I am trying to do with the formula --

IF J2 thru O2 are all blank,

THEN this cell stays blank

ELSE

This cell shows the result of I2 minus (sum of J2 thru O2)

END IF

Cell I2 is amount due,
J2 thru O2 are payments made,
P2 is balance due.
Requestor wants P2 left blank if no payments have been made. If payments
have been made, they should be totalled then subtracted from I2, and the
results displayed in P2.

Thanks!

Thanks!