Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default printer problem

I don't know. <vbg

CLR wrote:

Is the problem the same with any Excel file? Do those files print fine on
another computer?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling that printer driver?

Charlie wrote:

XL 2002, latest level
Windows 2000 Pro, latest level

XL2002 cannot find my networked printer, which is set to my default printer.
Yet, when the XL print box comes up, the printer in the combo box is in fact
my default printer. If I just say print, the document seems to print, but
nothing makes it to the printer, and nothing is in any printer queue. If I
select any other printer, and then go back to the default printer, the
document prints fine. XL now knows about my printer.

I have Office installed and this is the only Office program that does
this.Word, for example, always uses the default printer just fine.

This problem has survived detect-and-fix, amd complete unistall/reinstall of
XL.

It seems to me that XL is somehow different from any other Office program
and is not picking up the default printer. This seems like a bug to me. But
I can't find any reference to this in the newsgroups or the MS Knowledge
Base.

While I know how to work around this problem, I shouldn['t have to.

Has anyone else experienced this strange behavior?

...Charlie

--

Dave Peterson

--