Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Two points with same (X, Y) coordinates in Excel

Ok, but why are you selecting the trendline when it is those points you
need to format.
Use the UP/Down arrows to cycle through the chart elements. When the
points are selected use the left/right to move through each point in the
series.
When you get to the point use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog.

Cheers
Andy

Jay wrote:
Andy,

There is a trendline drawn through the nine points of my scatterplot.

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

Confused:

You said you had points but now you are talking about Trendlines?

Perhaps you could explain further.

Cheers
Andy

Jay wrote:

Thanks for your help. I'm sorry, but I don't have the option to change
the markers. under the format trendline dialog box, I do see the patterns
tab. however, there is no mention of any markers. in fact, I don't see
anything under the Type and Options tab either. this happens whether I
right click by the point or do to the Format menu. When I click the
trendline and go to the Format menu, I see only Selected Trendline and
Sheet options. Is there anything else to do?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
. ..

You could format a single data point to have a large marker
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jay" wrote in message
.. .

Greetings, everyone. Is there any way to have Excel draw a circle around
a point on a scatterplot? I ask because I have two points with the same
X and Y values, which is causing one of the points to hide under
another. Thank you for your help.

Jay

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel