Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TKM TKM is offline

Default Update data in Excel

I dont get what you are saying. Go into Access from Excel? I went into Excel
and dont see a Get External Data anywhere in the menu. What I am doing is
exporting a report into Excel like this
et SpdSheet = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
SpdSheet.Workbooks.Open ("M:\documents and
settings\tromil\report#3qry2of2.xls")
SpdSheet.Visible = True

Then the report opens in Excel. But when the user pushes the button again
she gets the same data with no update. I am trying to find a way to automate
this to update when the user clicks the button and not keep showing the same
report.

Any suggestions?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

TKM

Go into Access from Excel via DataGet External DataNew database query...

Once you have set this up, you can take the same menu options and just press
the ! mark and the data will refresh with the up to date data

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"TKM" wrote in message
I have two reports in Access one is and output to and the other is
exported.
I am trying to figure out which one to use so my columns (data) will be
updated when the user clicks the automated button. I noticed the export to
excel does not update but the output to does. I have two questions

1. Is there a easy way to update the data based of Access report export?
2. If not I can use the output to but I need to find out how to
automatically align the columns when the new data is entered.

Am I taking the hard way or is there an easier way to export updated
reprts
to Excel?

Please help I am a newbe in Excel.