Posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles Chickering Charles Chickering is offline

Default Help with creating a search engine in excel vba

Zig, Try using the .Find Function
Sub FindStuff()
Dim r As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim SearchTxt As String
Set ws = Worksheets("YourHiddenSheet")
SearchTxt = InputBox("Please Type Value to Search For"
Set r = ws.Cells.Find(What:=SearchTxt, After:=ws.Range("A1") _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=True)
If r Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
r.EntireRow.Copy Worksheets("Results").Range("A1")
End Sub

This will look for your search value then copy the entire row it was found
in on a Worksheet named "Results"
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Zigball" wrote:

I am able to input data, I am able to scroll through a hidden excel
sheet that stores the input data by using the application. I want to be
able to use the input box to search the hidden sheet for the data
without scrolling through every single page. I want the input box to
return the value and the associated content to that value if it exisit
after clicking the search command. Is there anyone out there that knows
a way that this can be done? If so please respond to this Thanks Zig! :)