Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
willwonka willwonka is offline

Default How can I create a hover window in excel?

You could always put a comment in a cell. The message shows up when
you hover.

If you want it over more of an area, then you could Copy..Paste
Special..Comments over the area that want to cover....

You may need to turn the comment indicator off if you don't want to see
those little red triangles in the corner Tools..Options.. View Tab.

vezerid wrote:
No matter what you mean by hovering message, detecting the mouse
pointer's moves is not one of the readily available event procedures. I
am no expert on the subject but a quick look at .programming suggests
that it can be done, yet with rather elaborate code. I suggest you
post your question there.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

mendelj wrote:
I want to create a hovering message as the mouse moves over different parts
of a worksheet. Is that possible and if yes, how can I do that?