Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr. Low Mr. Low is offline

Default How to eliminate empty rows in Excel 2002 worksheet ?

Hello Ron,

I tried your method today. It worked out very well.

Many thanks for your guidience.

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia

--
A36B58K641

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Here's one way,
using an example of 500 rows of data
and inserting 2 blank rows between each data row:

Insert 1 column before your data
(I'll assume Col_A)

Set the value of A1 to the number 1.
Select from A1 down through the last Col_A cell that corresponds to a data
row.
(In this example, that would be A500)

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<fill<seriesClick: [OK]
(Now you'll have a numeric sequence of 1 thru 500)

Put this formula in A501: =A1+0.1
and copy it down thru A1500

Now you'll have 3 sets of numbers in Col_A
The first set will be 1-500 (incrementing by 1)
The second set will be 1.1-500.1 (incrementing by 1)
The third set will be 1.2-500.2 (incrementing by 1)

Select from A1 down thru the last cell of your data

From the Excel main menu:
<data<sort
Sort by:
Column A, Ascending
Click: [OK]

That should insert 2 blank rows between each data row
Delete Col_A and you're done

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Hello Ron,

I tried your steps, It works very well. Many thanks for your help

May I know what are steps for the reverse , i.e. to insert one, two or three
blank rows of cells to lines of data ?

Kind Regards

Low Seng Kuang

--
A36B58K641

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this:

Select a column range in which a blank cell indicates a row to be deleted.
(Example: C5:C1000)

Press the [F5] key......that's the shortcut for <edit<goto
Click the [Special] button
Check: Blanks
Click the [OK] button

(Now only the blank cells are selected)

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<delete<entire row

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear friends,

I am using Seagate Infordesktop Software to run reports in Excel 2002 format.

My report was designed with an empty row between each data line from top to
bottom.

I need to eliminate those empty row spacing without altering the sequence of
the data lines. May I know is there any shortcut or keyboard command for
doing this ?
Currently

I am sorting block by block of the data to eliminate the rows. I cannot do
it in one go for the entire worksheet asonly the first column of the line of
each block of data has a reference number.

I would be glad if some one who is knowledgable in MS Excel 2002 Spreadsheet
could advise me on this.

Thanks

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia