Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
S Stunell S Stunell is offline

Default Using SUMPRODUCT to count values in separate columns

Hi - just wondering if anyone can help me. I have a spreadsheet and I'm
trying to get a single answer along these lines.....

If column marked renewed contains the text Yes *and* the column marked 1st
year renewal has a value of 'TRUE' then count it. i.e. :

Renewed? diff 1st year renewal?
Yes 1070 FALSE
Yes 2131 FALSE
Yes 219 TRUE
Yes 1051 FALSE
Yes 1506 FALSE
Yes 1419 FALSE
Yes 355 TRUE

Renewed shows 7 values of 'yes', 1st year renewal shows 2 true values and 5
false. I want the answer to come out as 2 with the argument 'Yes and true'
and 5 for the argument 'Yes and False'. I have been trying to adapt the
following found on this board:

=(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("yes",K2:K66))))--(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("TRUE",M2:M66))))))

but it only either seems to count one column and not the other or it adds
the values of the columns together.
Any help would be most appreciated as I think I am trying to overcomplicate
things!

Simon