Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Separating invoices by invoice date then summing by quarter

Assuming ONE calendar year, then

for Jan-Mar: (B5)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!N1:N1000<""),--(MONTH(Sheet1!N1:N1000)=1),--(MONTH(Sheet1!N1:N1000)<=3),Sheet1!E1:E1000)

for Apr-Jun: (E5)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!N1:N1000<""),--(MONTH(Sheet1!N1:N1000)=4),--(MONTH(Sheet1!N1:N1000)<=6),Sheet1!E1:E1000)

repeat for other quarters

For SUMPRODUCT, ranges cannot be a whole column: changes ranges to suit your
need.

HTH

"neroamdrid" wrote:

Hi folks...

On the 1st sheet of my document I have a proposal/invoice tracker in which
the last column for each row is N and contains the date that I create the
invoice, data that I enter manually.

On sheet 2 I have set up a calculator that does all the math for me to
produce my final tax payment. I have copied the table 4 times and formatted
by color so that each represents one quarter, 3 months.

There are only 2 pieces of information that I need to enter in order to get
the final calculation:

1) The amount I invoiced - see below
2) my expenses - this is something I track elsewhere and input manually so I
don't need help on this one.

My problem is how to create a conditional statement to grab the amounts from
sheet one and place them into the appropriate cell in sheet 2.

The logic I need to create is as follows...

For cell B5 on sheet 2 (Q1) I want to include all values from Column E on
sheet 1 where the date in Column N of that row falls between Jan 1 - Mar 31

For cell E5 on sheet 2 (Q1) I want to include all values from Column E on
sheet 1 where the date in Column N of that row falls between Apr 1 - Jun 30

For cell H5 on sheet 2 (Q1) I want to include all values from Column E on
sheet 1 where the date in Column N of that row falls between Jul 1 - Sep 30

For cell K5 on sheet 2 (Q1) I want to include all values from Column E on
sheet 1 where the date in Column N of that row falls between Oct 1 - Dec 31

How can I go about doing this?