Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default how to access a cell value in a different workbook. HELP!

You can reference the other workbook in the formula, =[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

wrote in message
oups.com...
here is how my function looks like. Also i am using this in formula
like =check("A1")

function check(cell)
{
if cell50
get the new valuue from a differnt workbook
}

can someone PLZ tell me how will i get the value from a different
workbook. I have to use this value in my function, can this be done in
a macro. I can open the second workbook if need be . please help