Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Multiple If Statement

Actually, now that I play around with it it looks like your method may work.
And it's more efficient.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

You need the AND statement in order to test for a range. The way you have it
here, A1=10 is TRUE for both less than 55000 and less than 25000.

Makes sense - I guess im used to other languages, where its evalulated
left to right and that would be valid :)

That still seems a strange implementation of an IF statement.

I would think excel would parse left to right, and break out of the IF
once the first expresion evaluates to TRUE.

Oh well