Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Multiple If Statement

You need the AND statement in order to test for a range. The way you have it
here, A1=10 is TRUE for both less than 55000 and less than 25000.

See my response to the question.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

One option is to use nested IF statements. It gets cluncky with lots of
values.
This is off the top of my head, might be some formatting mistakes.

Given
Cell A1 = Property Value

=if( A1 < 55,000, A1 * 0.005,
if( A1 < 250,000, A1 * 0.01,
if( A1 < 400,000, A1 * 0.015,
A1 * 0.02 ) ) )

Ive formatted that out to make it easy to read, it would be all on one
line.

In essence, IF < 55,000, THEN take .5% ELSE IF < 250,000 THEN take 1%
ELSE IF ... etc.

To clean things up you could put the constants (55,000, 0.005, etc) in
cells and references those instead of hardcoding them like I did.

TamIam wrote:
I was wondering if you could help me? How would I express this in an Excel
statement?:

Rates are as follows:
Up to 55,000 x .5% of total property value
from 55,000 to 250,000 x1% of total property value
from 250,000 to 400,000 x1.5% of total property value
from 400,000 and up x 2% of total property value

--
Thanks for your help!