Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Update data in Excel

TKM

Go into Access from Excel via DataGet External DataNew database query...

Once you have set this up, you can take the same menu options and just press
the ! mark and the data will refresh with the up to date data

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"TKM" wrote in message
I have two reports in Access one is and output to and the other is
exported.
I am trying to figure out which one to use so my columns (data) will be
updated when the user clicks the automated button. I noticed the export to
excel does not update but the output to does. I have two questions

1. Is there a easy way to update the data based of Access report export?
2. If not I can use the output to but I need to find out how to
automatically align the columns when the new data is entered.

Am I taking the hard way or is there an easier way to export updated
reprts
to Excel?

Please help I am a newbe in Excel.