Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default copy conditional formatting with 'unique' cell references

Can I copy conditional formatting from one cell to another when the cells
need to have different cell references in the formulas?

For example: I need to format the entire row when a Y is put into the end
cell. So the conditional formatting formula is =$H$2="y" and the next cell
needs to be =$H$3="y" then =$H$4="y" and so on, but I cannot find a way to
set the whole column up like that without doing every row manually. If I
use the format painter then the whole of the "H" column uses the same
formula =$E$2="y" and then all the rows are formatted when you put a into
the first cell instead of being treated seperatly.

Any ideas?
Thanks.