Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary L Brown Gary L Brown is offline

Default macro to delete lines based on a value

Mark,
This was very well written BUT
You knew there was a but coming, right? :O
In a new posting, copy this well written request but add an example of what
your data looks like coming out of Peachtree and what you want it to look
like.
Sincerely,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"MarkT" wrote:

Greetings all:

I have a spreadsheet that varies in length. It is sorted by account name.
There are three different account names (Sales, Sales Tax & Net Amount).
Each sale that our sales-reps create during the month generates three lines
in this spreadsheet when I export it from our accounting package (peachtree)
into excel (I am using Excel 2003).

This is my question:

Can I create a macro that will delete all lines that contain the account
name of Sales Tax or Sales just leaving the lines that has the account name
of Net Amount? I would then also like to sort the results by sales rep name.

Is this possible?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I run this program a number
of times during the week, and the sort routine is getting quite old - there
has to be a better way to perfom this routine. I would create a macro to
record my keystrokes, but again, the number of lines of each account varies
during the month.

Thanks again!

Mark