Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smw226 via OfficeKB.com smw226 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default macro to delete lines based on a value

Hi Mark,

This is quite easy todo in code, but deleting data does present a risk so I,
personally, would create a pivot table as this will safely filter (rather
than delete) the rows you do not want to include.

You could also sort by sales rep and they auto filter only on Net Amount

HTH

Simon

MarkT wrote:
Greetings all:

I have a spreadsheet that varies in length. It is sorted by account name.
There are three different account names (Sales, Sales Tax & Net Amount).
Each sale that our sales-reps create during the month generates three lines
in this spreadsheet when I export it from our accounting package (peachtree)
into excel (I am using Excel 2003).

This is my question:

Can I create a macro that will delete all lines that contain the account
name of Sales Tax or Sales just leaving the lines that has the account name
of Net Amount? I would then also like to sort the results by sales rep name.

Is this possible?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I run this program a number
of times during the week, and the sort routine is getting quite old - there
has to be a better way to perfom this routine. I would create a macro to
record my keystrokes, but again, the number of lines of each account varies
during the month.

Thanks again!

Mark