Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Checking a range with IF

Try entering the formula as an array by hitting CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Rob J" wrote:

I'm writing an IF function that checks a column of dates (Sheet1!$A$2:$A$366)
to find the row with a particular date (C3) and do something based on other
values in that row. (The LOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX functions aren't quite
right for what I need.)

My IF function looks something like this:
IF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$366=C3,TRUE,FALSE)...For clarity, I'm omitting the actual
TRUE / FALSE results because my testing shows that, for whatever reason, my
conditional only tests TRUE for 1/3/07. If C3 is any other date, this
function returns false, even though every date in 2007 is represented in the
range Sheet1!$A$2:$A$366.

I've never encountered a problem like this, as it seems pretty
straightforward. Any ideas why this conditional is only true for one date in
the range?