Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Formula instead of Result?

I suggest to check to things:
1. cell format (perhaps it's text)
2. Tools/Options/Display/Formulae (perhaps it is checked)

Regards,
Stefi

"PaulW" wrote:

Occasionally (and just occasionally) I'll be working on a spreadsheet, and
I'll modify a formula, then when I leave that cell the formula is in the
cell, not the result.

For example, on a spreadsheet i'm working on now I've got a row that looks
like

5
6
19
20
=LEFT(IN
4
29

Obviously theres more to the formula, but the next column is blocking it
from view.

I tried turning on formula auditing, so they all look like this, and when I
turn it off it looks exactly the same. Going into the formula and hitting
enter also does nothing, the only thing i've found that works is by going
into find and replace and finding = and replacing with =

Is there a more perminant solution?
Is there an option somewhere that I have on/off that is doing this that I
can toggle?

Any help would be appriciated