Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ICE ICE is offline

Default Protect cell range

Select all the sheet, right click,
"Format Cells"
"Protection" tab,
untick the "locked".
Then select the range you need and lock only the specific cells.
Then proceed to "protection" command.

Hope it helps!

"Matt Beardsley" wrote:

I am trying to password protect a set of formulas so that users cannot change
them. For some reason I cannot get this to work with this specific file but
can with others (following steps from Excel Help works with other files but
not this one).

The sheet will not let me change any cell regardless of the range I choose.
If I choose a cell within my protected range it will ask for the
range-specific password, otherwise it tells me the sheet is protected (needs
the sheet-specific password).

What am I missing? Would using CSEs or macros matter?

Thanks in advance,

MB