Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
willb willb is offline

Default How can I have have one column's input depend on the variables in

That worked nice... I have to make sure all future inputs will be sequencial
though. I listed the products like schools make their course outlines:
Freshman comp - 101, Brit Lit - 102, leave some room/skip a few, Am Lit 110...
. I have the spaces in there to add the names that I don't have the numbers
for yet.

Thanks for the help my friend.
-Will

CLR wrote:
The feature you're looking for is called VLOOKUP........check out the HELP
section for "VLOOKUP worksheet function" and give it a try........post back
here if you need any help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

I would like to have a set of names assigned to certain numbers for inventory
purposes, such as, each time that '12345' is typed in any row in the first

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

Thanks for any help.