Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sb1920alk sb1920alk is offline

Default Copying down numbers in a formula

I re-thought this, and I think this is what I really need:

I need the result of part of my formula to be recognized as a reference by
the rest of the formula. The inside part of formula looks like this:
=(FLOOR(((ROW()-1)/27),1)+1)*27-26

Essentially, I want E1 for 27 rows, E28 for 27 rows, E55 for 27 rows...

So, I want =$E1, but instead of the "1" part, I want
(FLOOR(((ROW()-1)/27),1)+1)*27-26

This would help alot.

Thanks,

"sb1920alk" wrote:

I have a formula that has the number 1 in it. When I copy down (pull) I would
like the 1 to increase to 2, 3... with each row I pull it down, but if I copy
and paste I would like it to remain 1 regardless of where I paste it. Is
there a way to do this?

ROW(A1) works for copying (pulling) down but it also adjusts when I copy and
paste and I don't want it to.

Thanks,