Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Maximum Items in Excel Lists?

Matt

Better to name the range rather than rely on a label or type in a A1
notation address in the source box

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"MattPatsFan" wrote in message
Otto,

On Sheet 2, I have a column "Category List" with 30 items. On Sheet 1, I
have a column labeled "Category" and went to the cells under it and
clicked
Data/Validation/Allow Lists and under Source put "=Category". The drop
down
button appears and a list appears but it only scrolls down through the
first
14 items.

Matt

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

A data validation (drop-down) list can have thousands of items. Exactly
what are you doing (step by step) to create this Data Validation cell?
HTH
Otto
"MattPatsFan" wrote in message
I can only get 14 items to show up in an excel drop down list. Is that
the
maximum # or can I get it to increase? Thanks,
Matt