Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default why does this formula return a #VALUE! error

I can't seem to get that to work Bob!

RD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
See RagDyer's response. Blank cells do not cause a problem, but spaces or
cells with zero-length strings do. You can circumvent with

=SUMPRODUCT((N(E103:P314))*(E98:P98="Project"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"SteveC" wrote in message
Dave, assuming I have blank and text in the range the sumproduct formula

is
pulling from, and that I can't change the ranges, is there anyway to
avoid
the associated error by modifying the sumproduct formula? Thanks. Steve

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Any errors in any of those cells?

And non-numeric data in the first range?

Dave F wrote:

Formula is: =SUMPRODUCT((E103:P114)*(E98:P98="Project"))

Should return 0. But I also get the error if there are values
greater

than
zero in the range which meet the criteria.

Thanks, Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

--