Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default CAN'T INSERT SYMBOL?

There are times when Insert Symbol isn't available. One of those times is
when you're trying to edit a formula in a cell.

To show from example, choose any cell and start a formula simply by typing
the = sign into it, then try to use Insert and you'll see just about
everything is unavailable.

I'd never noticed before, but inserting a symbol into anyplace in a formula
seems a difficult process from the insert menu.

"Malcolm Austin" wrote:

Hi,
In Excel 2000, under XP SP2.

I lose the insert symbol function at odd times. Some times if I shut the
file down and
re-open it comes back other times not.

I guess there is a real good reason for this but I can't see it.

Is it a formatting thing or something really simple?

Thanks,
Malcolm