Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] dolivastro@gmail.com is offline

Default DO NOT open Book1.xls when excel starts

In the EXCEL Icon, have it call up not just "Excel.exe", but "Excel.exe
/e". The switch (/e) will tell excel to start up in the "empty state".
Unfortunately, this is a little difficult, since the properties of the
startup icon can not be changed. You have to create a new one.

Hope this helps,
Dom

wrote:
Hello all, I wish someone could help me

I do not want excel to open the book1.xls as default when I run excel.

In fact I want to open as default another book, and I know how to do
that, the problem it's that the book1.xls stills appear.

By the way, I'm using Office 2000

Any comments?

Thanks in advance

ORK