Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Function CELL in array formulas

Evaluating the formula it seems that CELL just will not return an array of
values. Some functions won't, WEEKNUM springs to mind, so cannot be used
within an array formula/function.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"vezerid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

yesterday I was trying a solution to a post. It was involving a column
containing dates and percentages. The OP wanted the max of the
non-dates.

I thought I would attack this problem using CELL:
=MAX(IF(LEFT(CELL("format",A1:A5),1)<"D",A1:A5))

It did not work, at least in the array formula. It worked perfectly
when I used an extra column, but this is beside the point. Is it
anywhere stated that CELL cannot be used in array formulas? Am I
missing something?

Regards,
Kostis Vezerides