Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Type Power Exponent

Hello, James!
You wrote to Bernard Liengme on Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:29:36 -0400:

BL I think he wanted: Area (mm2)
BL with the units in parentheses which is quite acceptable.
BL However chemists prefer: Area /mm2 for some odd reason!
BL --

JS Strange! I'm a chemist and I'd never dream of using
JS anything but mm super2 for area in mm. I suppose one might
JS use (meter/sec) super2 to refer to the whole expression
JS squared but I'd have been more likely to use m super2 sec
JS sub-2 if I could think of any reason for the unit!

Just ruminating on units :-) If I had an accelleration whose
units were meters per second squared I would probably write m
sec sub-2 tho' I think I might catch myself using m/sec super 2
..

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: