Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Decision Assist Decision Assist is offline

Default All columns not being recognized in .csv file.

I have an .xls spreadsheet with 34 columns, all of which may or may not
include data. Data is entered on each line, but each line contains many
blank cells. When I save the file as a .csv file, all the columns are not
recognized. When viewed in notepad, some lines contain 28 commas; others
have the 34. If I import this file into my application, it returns many
errors for wrong number of columns. Has anyone run into this problem and
found a solution? Thanks.