berryware421243

Hello,
We are exporting the result set of a query from the application as an HTML
table. This HTM file is opened in Excel and the long serial numbers get
truncated.

The same happens when we cut and paste.

We cannot prefix the number with another character as the HTML table export
is part of the application.

Thanks

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:59:07 -0800, berryware421243
wrote:

Hello,

We have a web based asset tracking system, and some assets have long serial
numbers; for instance,
3100600300030147987
or
3101600300100020220

When we import, cut and paste, or open an HTML format page in Excel with
these serial numbers, they all show up as: 3.1016E+18 and the last 6 digits
get rounded up.

How do we show the correct value for these long numbers in excel?

Thanks

These must be imported as TEXT.

--ron