Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rhonda Rhonda is offline

Default Display negative results

Thanks so much for the prompt response. The length of the cell is not the
problem with the ##### (first thing I checked). It also highlights in the
"yellow info" box - "negative dates and times cannot be displayed" or
something like that. When I get back to work tomorrow, I will try changing
the & to + and see what happens, will let you know tomorrow. One other thing
is that all the other formulas work fine but this cell has the start time
less than the actual time which is what I need (the difference - negative)
Maybe the date can't be apart of the formula, just the time, I will try to do
the above and see what happens. Let me know if you think of anything else.
thanks again!

Rhonda

Rhonda

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Rhonda
To add to Pete's response, #### usually means that the cell has a number
that is too large to fit into the cell. That is, the column is not wide
enough to hold that number. Increase the width of the cell as needed. HTH
Otto
"Rhonda" wrote in message
I can't seem to get a negative result to display proper, see scenario
below:

Cell AL11 is the final calculation of (H11 & I11) - (F11 & G11). Notice
the
### marks in AL11 due to the negative results. I need to keep the
existing
formula, but somehow display the negative results.

HELP - Rhonda!