Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Display negative results

The use of the ampersands is fine as long as the data in the referenced cells
are all numbers. If they weren't, an error would be returned.

If you're getting ##### as a result, this probably means one of two things.

1. Your column width is not wide enough to display the result.
or
2. Your cell containing the formula is formatted as a date. Dates cannot
be negative.

HTH,
Elkar

"Pete_UK" wrote:

You are using the ampersand instead of plus symbol - this will join the
values together as if they were strings, and so you can't subtract a
string from another one. Try changing the & to +.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Rhonda wrote:
I can't seem to get a negative result to display proper, see scenario below:

Cell AL11 is the final calculation of (H11 & I11) - (F11 & G11). Notice the
### marks in AL11 due to the negative results. I need to keep the existing
formula, but somehow display the negative results.

HELP - Rhonda!