Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown Gary L Brown is offline

Default what is the formual for calculating running pace?

If TIME in hrs/minutes/seconds (ex: 00:32:00) is in cell A2 and DISTANCE in
miles (ex: 4.00) is in B2 then Time/Mile in C2 can be...
=A2/B2*60*24
calculates out to 8 for 8 minutes per mile

Format the TIME column to hh:mm:ss
Format the DISTANCE column to 0.00
Format the Time/Mile column to 0.00

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"TonyM" wrote:

I am trying to compile a spreadsheet that can work out my running pace, i.e.
how long it would take to run a mile based on the time taken to run a
distance entered. I know how to work this out manually but do not know how to
configure a spreadsheet to do this automaticaly.