Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shams Shams is offline

Default Vlookup with If Statement

Pete,
Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion works just fine. A simple thing to
conceptualize but somehow I closed my mind by trying to focus on an IF
statement.

"Shams" wrote:

Folks,

I have the following scenario:

My lookup table (Sheet 1) contains:
A: Product #
B: Total numbers of lbs.

My main table (Sheet 2) [where the vlookup function resides] has the
following:

A: Product #
B: # of Units

So, let's say, in Column C (in Sheet 2) I am trying to write a vlookup
formula that will look up Product # in Sheet 1 and return the Total number of
lbs. I want to incorporate the additional formula where if it finds the
lookup value then it divides the Total number of lbs. by the # of units.
That's what I am looking for: Lookup A1 in Sheet1 A:B, return B but divide it
by # of units.

Hope this helps. Thanks .

Regards,
Shams.